Select the Lodge history you would like to view from the dropdown below.
Select A Lodge
Cristoforo Colombo Regina Elena Lodge # 169
Cristoforo Colombo Lodge # 169 was instituted on October 1, 1913 and the Regina Elena Lodge # 1400 Ladies Lodge was instituted on January 26, 1926.
The lodges merged on November 2, 1970 under the combined name of Cristoforo Colombo Regina Elena Lodge # 169, now a mixed lodge.
The Cristoforo Colombo Lodge purchased a piece of land from the city of Fitchburg shortly after they were instituted because of a strong desire among the membership to own their own building. The realization of this home finally came to fruition on June 27, 1963, under the leadersip of John R. Pacetti who was venerable during the years 1961-1963, and committee members of the land committee: Chairman William Giadone, Secretary John D. Oliva, Treasurer John R. Pacetti, and Board of Directors Frank DiBenedetto, Frank DiPietro, Joseph Pandiscio, and Peter J. Levanti.
The home prospered for many years and held many functions until the city of Fitchburg decided that fraternal organizations would no longer be tax exempt, and the President Santo Sciabarrasi and officers sold the building. Meetings were then held at St. Anthony's School Hall, 123 Salem St. in Fitchburg.